Parent & Grand Parent
In most cases parents cannot be included on the initial visa application, and must instead be sponsored by a permanent resident or citizen,
except in rare cases where the parents or grandparents are living in some hardship, and there are compelling humanitarian and compassionate reasons to allow them to be included on the initial application.
In order to sponsor your parents and grandparents to enter Canada as permanent residents you and your parent(s)/grandparent(s) must co-sign a sponsorship agreement, which states:
- That you will provide them with financial support if necessary – such as if they become unemployed, for a period of between 3 and 10 years.
- That your parent(s)/grandparent(s) will take all reasonable measures to support themselves financially.
Sponsor your Parents/Grand Parents:
If you wish to sponsor your parents/Grand parents, IRPR gives you an excellent opportunity to do so every year. This year there was intake of 10000 plus applications. We can help you apply for Parent/Grand Parent permanent residence. Ideally this happens in January, but it is always good to get in touch and retain us in advance by very low retainer-ship advance so that we take care of your application well on time.
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child, parent/grand parent if:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
- You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
- You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
- you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor. No low income cut off
- To sponsor Parents/Grandparents you must meet the Low income Cut off.
How to Apply
Sponsor’s last 3 years income tax papers is the main criteria to qualify for Parent Grandparent Sponsorship
If next year the Parent grandparent process remains the way it was in 2019, then you should be ready in advance with a quick excel snapshot
We can help you with fast processing on the day the program opens. Many people lost the chance last year due to delay in submission
"I do not hesitate to recommend Stepwise Immigration to anyone seeking help in sponsoring parents or grandparents. The service I received from Mr. Navjot was always friendly, knowledgeable, professional and prompt. If I had a question that was out of his realm, he was always willing to go above and beyond and help me locate who I needed to speak with to resolve a question or concern. Stepwise Immigration helped me in sponsoring my parents, and all the relocation paperwork and applications for Canadian Visa. Thank you very much for everything you have done for us."