Apply for a study permit with SDS Program
The Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a new program that has been designed to speed up the process of applying for a Canadian study permit and make it more efficient for international students.
The SDS Program is supported by Scotiabank which is a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotiabank provides the eligible students with an opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC). This certificate will assist them to satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program. This program currently serves residents of four countries: India, China, Philippines and Vietnam.
Advantages of applying to study under Student Direct stream (SDS):
The major advantages of applying under SDS are:
- Less financial documentation: Under SDS scheme, the applicants have to provide very less financial documentation.
- Faster study permit processing time: According to IRCC, through the SDS program complete applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. If an application does not meet the requirements of the SDS program, IRCC will process the submission as a regular study permit application. At present, the processing times for Canadian study permit vary based on the country of residence of the applicant.
How to Apply?
To apply for a Canadian study permit through the SDS program, the prospective student applicants must:
- Provide a copy of a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada
- Submit a confirmation document for the applicant’s upfront medical exam
- Prove that they have obtained a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- Prove that they have paid the tuition fees for the first year of study
- Prove that they have either completed studies at a Canadian curriculum high school or show proof of a language test results demonstrating an IELTS score of 6 in English or NCLC 7 for French
- Submit the application form at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).
How StepWise will be helpful in your Application process
We advise you on what documents to gather and how much should be your Ielts score and grade point average
Once your documents are ready as per requirement we help you in making choice about program and college
Last step is to help you gain admission and finally help you with your study permit application at the Visa office
"Had an overwhelming experience worth mentioning. It was apparently a tense moment for me to forge into the process of visa application for Canada , as there were an underlying fear of moving out into a unknown domain far away from home , particularly when I had not been a frequent traveller . However everything fell into place perfectly once team at StepWise took over my file processing . It was a seamless exercise undertaken with minimum of hassles . The turn around time was also quite quick coupled with intermediate reverts and updates from team on the process of the file and within no time I got the admission in one of a decent colleges of Canada ."
( Canada Students Visa Under SDS Program )