Requirement of Sponsorship
Canada immigration department has made few special set of eligibility requirements for both sponsors and sponsored individuals for family class sponsorship program.
To sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent Child you should be
- Minimum of eighteen years old
- Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or an individual registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
- Canadian Citizen living outside Canada, but will come inside Canada once the persons you would like to sponsor become permanent residents.
- Or you can’t sponsor somebody if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
- You’re ready to prove that you’re not receiving national assistance for reasons apart from disability
- Able to provide the fundamental needs of any persons you would like to sponsor
You will not be eligible to Sponsor if any of the following apply to you:
- 1. You are sponsoring some one and you had already sponsored someone. For ex. If you sponsored your spouse and divorced and now you again wish to sponsor someone as a spouse. You cannot sponsor if 3-year period has not passed since the day the earlier spouse became a PR.
- 2. You sponsored someone and they have taken social assistance during the undertaking period and had not paid back.
- 3. You are on default of immigration loan
- 4. Did not pay court ordered Alimony or Child Support
- 5. You have declared bankruptcy which has not been discharged
- 6. Were convicted of Criminal offence
- 7. Were convicted of Sexual abuse
- 8. An offence against relative that caused physical harm
- 9. Threatened or attempted to do any of above offences
- 10. You are sponsoring someone, and you were sponsored by someone in preceding 5 years. i.e. You married a PR and got the sponsorship. Then divorced your spouse and now wish to marry again.
- 11. You are under removal order
- 12. You are in Jail
Do you want to know if you are eligible to sponsor Spouse or Parents under family class?
Please call us or visit us with your financial papers for last three Years?
Answer above questions and if you are eligible based on the answers to above questions, you can sponsor your family member.
We will make it easy, simple and quick for you to bring your loved one to Canada as a Permanent resident.
"It was time, I was getting married and I wanted my In Canada spousal sponsorship application to be handled by professionals. After all this was the first task where I wanted to impress upon my fiancé at that time. While we were preparing for our marriage, we had hired Stepwise and they made the process seamless. We had no hiccups in the entire process. Timely execution and excellent follow up by this team resulted in Permanent residence status for my spouse in flat 6 months. The first step they did was checking eligibility, and subsequently it was just collecting documentary evidences and putting up an application."