In general, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada has defined the settlement funds requirement. According to CIC, they safely assume that new immigrants need funds to support themselves for first 6 months. Assumption is that the new Canadian PR’s would get jobs within first six months and will start earning a living in Canada within this time frame. Hence, they have given a grid based on size of family. Which is given below:
| Number of|
| Funds required|
(in Canadian dollars)
|7||$34,29 per additional|
However, apart from this there are other expenses involved. The summary of same is given below:
Step 1 Education credential assessment for the couple required following expense:
- Fee for ECA credential assessment: Around 300 CAD per person so total is 600 CAD
- Getting transcripts varies from college to college, it varies from 50 CAD to 500 CAD.
- Cost of Courier to Ontario is roughly 100 CAD.
Step 2 IELTS General
- IELTS exam cost is about 300 CAD. For couple to write this exam costs roughly 600 CAD.
- IELTS preparation cost depends on the current language ability of the individual. If the individual wants to become a competitive candidate and is willing to work on his language ability, he or she may need 3 months to 6 months of preparation. General institutes charge around 250-500 CAD per month to prepare applicant and help him improve his language scores. You may would like to include this cost into your calculation.
Step 3 Hiring an Immigration Consultant
- Its worth to hire a genuine and honest professional to help you submit your application for immigration. The cost of hiring a consultant varies from 2000 CAD to 5000 CAD.
Step 4 Application fee CIC Canada (Government processing fee and Landing Fee)
- Processing fee is CAD 550 Per adult and 150 CAD per dependent child
- Landing Fee or RPRF fee (Right of Permanent residence fee) is 490 CAD per Adult
- Biometric Fee is 170 CAD for the family