Express Entry - Federal Skilled Worker Program.
This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.
How it works!
This program has minimum requirements for:
- Skilled work experience.
- Language ability.
- Whether you have a valid job offer.
- English and/or French language skills.
You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.
These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You earn points for how well you do in each of the 6 factors.
The current pass mark is 67 points.
Skilled work experience Requirements
Skilled work experience means you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.
There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, there are 2 ways you can do this.
- if you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary school.
- If you have foreign education, you can get points for a completed foreign credential and an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary school.
Get your free assessment done. Calculate what is your tentative CRS score and check eligibility based on 67 Point matrix.
Get your educational assessment done, appear for language ability. These are first two basic steps
Gather your documents and get entry into Express entry pool. If your CRS score is high enough, you will get the ITA.
"Our dream of becoming permanent resident was accomplished the day we handed our case to StepWise Immigration. I must admire their attention to detail and the hand holding during the entire process was commendable. We will for sure hand over our next process for Citizenship application once we become eligible to them. It goes without saying, we shall recommend them to our friends and family."
( Express Entry Skilled Worker )