Welcome to STEPWISE Immigration Services LTD 

Talk to expert

+1 778 887 7305

Apply Now

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Fri: 10.00-18.00

Express Entry - Federal Skilled Trades Program

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.

How it works!

This program has minimum requirements for: To be eligible, you must

1. meet the required language levels for each language ability


2. have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply

3. meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification

4. have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.

Skilled work experience

Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):

  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades.
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades.
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production.
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators.
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks.
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers


There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, there are 2 ways you can do this.

1. If you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary school.

2. If you have foreign education, you can get points for completed foreign credential and an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary school.

Proof of funds

You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada, unless you

  • are currently able to legally work in Canada and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

How to Apply


Get assessment done. If you have 2 year of experience in trades, get your employer to sign a reference letter


Get the language results, certificates assessed. Enter the pool, the FST draw happens twice a year, sometimes in May and November


If your CRS is high enough, you will get the ITA. Approach us anytime during the process for experienced, error free submission

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

    "After consulting several firms for due diligence and personal references, I decided to hire Stepwise Immigration for my Canadian Federal Skilled Immigration application. I just want to say that I am very pleased with the service provided by Stepwise Immigration. I found everyone there to be helpful to our needs and concerns. I could not have gone through this ordeal without their help while preparing my application. The whole process took about few months and they never gave me false hopes. They were upfront- about the risks and the challenges and always provided accurate information. The service and advise they provided was completely professional and A+. Having them involved kept a big part of the weight off of our shoulders and now that it is complete, an even bigger burden has been lifted. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication. I am very delighted with their service and would highly recommend them without any reservation."

    ChamKaur Singh

    ( Federal skill Trade)