Work Permit Application
Work permit is another form of temporary residence. To fill the labour gaps in Canada, each day the employers are hiring foreign workers.
Employees must understand that this is not a permanent residence. There is a separate way to apply for Permanent residence. We are discussing temporary work permit based on LMIA in this article.
Work permit applications must meet number of requirements before a prospective applicant can apply, they are given as under:
- Employee must ensure that the employer has procured the LMIA for the said position
- Employee needs to have a copy of LMIA before applying
- Employee must prove that he is competent enough to perform the duties specified for that job.
The application must be accompanied by the required documentation. The general requirement of documentation can be classified as under:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Previous employment records showing that employee has directly related work experience
- Copy of LMIA (Named) where the employee name is mentioned who is applying
- Education proof that exhibits that employee has acquired the skills and knowledge before getting into that job
- Copy of offer letter from the employer
One can apply online from outside Canada and can also apply from inside Canada. There is a possibility to apply at port of entry as well.
How to Apply
Gather all documents as suggested above and ensure all above is there. Missing document can result in rejection.
We can help employer to check if he has taken necessary approvals before hand and help in getting the name addition done post interview process.
We can help apply for work permit application based on LMIA to ensure that required due diligence is done.
Very professional and very informative. Good to see its not all about money but more about building relationships. I highly recommend team at StepWise for any kind of Immigration Services. Thank you.
( Canada Work Permit )