Welcome to STEPWISE Immigration Services LTD 

Talk to expert

+1 778 887 7305

Apply Now

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Fri: 10.00-18.00

Child or other Dependent under Family Class

You can make arrangements for your family (spouse or common-law partner and any dependent) to come to Canada with you.

In most circumstances, individuals coming to Canada as temporary foreign workers or permanent residents have the right to bring their dependents. However, circumstances arise when this is not possible at the time of immigration. The government has created a special program to facilitate their loved ones' entry into Canada through the family class.

Who is eligible to sponsor their children or dependent

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

  • You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

What are Dependent Children?

Children qualify as dependents if they meet both of these requirements:

  • they’re under 22 years old
  • they don’t have a spouse or common law partner

Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependents if they meet both of these requirements:

  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition
  • they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22

With the exception of age, your dependent child must continue to meet these requirements until Canadian Government finish processing your application.

You have to request permission and provide the right forms with your application.

StepWise Immigration Services LTD can navigate the process for you to minimize chances of delay or refusal.

How to Apply


To apply for dependents, the school going kids, need to get letter of acceptance and should apply for study permit


Once you have letter of acceptance, you can apply for them along with your spouse for temporary or permanent residence.


We help you submit the error free application with all required documentation so that you don’t fail.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

    "All our immigration related work is handled by Stepwise Immigration. Before approaching them, we had suffered at hands of an Immigration Consultant who never paid attention to detail and delayed the processing of applications. My kids and husband’s temporary resident visa applications were rejected. Mr Navjot and his staff helped us get the open work permit for my husband and study permits for my kids. Post that I also got BC Provincial certificate of nomination and now my Permanent residence application is in process. We strongly recommend all to avail their services. They are fair in pricing and they provide quality service"

    Gurjot Kaur

    ( Dependent Child)