Welcome to STEPWISE Immigration Services LTD 

Talk to expert

+1 778 887 7305

Apply Now

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Fri: 10.00-18.00

Get to Change School within Canada!

The prospective students who want to study in Canada spend hours trying to find exactly the right program to apply. But regardless of the research you do beforehand, sometimes the program you enroll in just doesn’t end up working for you, or you change your mind about what you want to study.

For most students who want to change their program, the answer is simple: transfer or drop out. You either find a new program that you think will work out, or decide to stop pursing further education. However, for an international student, it might seem a bit more complicated.

To become an international student in Canada is a two-step process

  • Firstly, you need to be accepted into a Canadian school. Once you get a letter of acceptance, you can apply for a study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). If you are given a study permit, it is on the basis of your acceptance into a Canadian school.
  • However, if you are studying at the post-secondary level, you can change school within Canada, your program, field of study, or level of study without applying for a new study permit. Once you’re accepted into the program or school you want to transfer into, you just need to notify IRCC that you have changed schools.

Depending on your case you may also require:

  • Letter of explanation
  • Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ)
  • Custodian declaration (minors only)
  • Other documents

How to Apply

To change school within Canada, you require a study permit. To apply for a study permit, you need:


There can be many reasons to change the program. You may not like the program or the quality of instructions or the weather of the province


We can help you choose the new college on time and help you make the right decision. More importantly guide you with immigration related advise.


Sometimes students have vision to gain PR, however their school does not qualify for PGWP. We can help those students get admission into colleges which are eligible for PGWP.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

    "It was always my dream to travel abroad and study. And Finally, my dream came true when I got admission in University Canada West. Initially, I was in high spirits but after attending one week I was getting depressed. The main reason was that I was finding the program difficult and secondly the atmosphere was not appealing. I used to cry a lot. Then one of my relative suggested me to meet Mr Navjot Singh. There was a spark in him that the day I met him I started feeling better. He guided me to change program and College. He had a career counselling session and understood about my likes and dislikes. After his probing techniques I realized that I would love to work with Kids and chose to get admission into Early childhood education course. He also helped me understand the Job market fop qualified ECE’s. Subsequently he helped me in getting admission in ECE program at Centennial College, Ontario. Within couple of weeks I migrated to that college. Today I am happy and satisfied with the program and enjoying it too. Stepwise also helped me in my Spousal Open Work permit application. Today I am with my husband and happily enjoying my studies and work."


    ( Canada Students Visa )