If you are interested in sponsoring your parents and grandparents for Canada, you may be happy to know that the Canadian government is planning to invite around 24,000 parents and grandparents in 2022 under the sponsorship program. Although if you don’t receive an invitation for application, your parents and grandparents can make an application for a super visa that allows them to live in Canada for an extended period of 2 years. Want to get assistance for the file preparation for Canadian pr sponsor parents? Find out the entire process, eligibility criteria, and other conditions that help you reunite your family in Canada.
Requirements of Canadian pr sponsor parents
To get the opportunity of sponsoring your parents as well as grandparents in Canada, you must pledge certain commitments in the sponsorship application, including:
- Ensure that your parents and grandparents do need not any social support from the Canadian government.
- Make sure supporting them and their family members financially.
Eligibility criteria to get the sponsorship of your parents and grandparents
If you want to support your Canadian pr sponsor parents and grandparents, you must showcase that your income is enough to care for them financially. Besides this, you have to meet the following criteria, including:
- You have to live in Canada.
- You are a minimum of 18 years of age.
- You must demonstrate your income to become an eligible sponsor of your parents and grandparents.
- You have to be registered as a permanent resident or citizen of Canada or an Indian as per the Canadian Indian act.
Parents and grandparents sponsorship agreement under an immigration category
In this agreement, you have to ensure the following state of affairs:
- While applying, you must opt for completing as well as signing the form including the sponsorship agreement and the undertaking.
- You need to make provisions for the basic requirements of your sponsored persons.
- Those who you agree to sponsor will make every effort to take after themselves along with their descendants.
Who can be sponsored under the parents and grandparents program?
· Irrespective of blood relation or adoption, you have the full authority to own your parent and grandparents.
· In case of separation, you are eligible to take sponsorship of your parents’ and grandparents’ common laws.
· You can also include your brother and sister in the sponsorship application.
· If you are financially capable of sponsoring more than an individual, you can also opt for sponsoring their dependents.
Steps to follow in the Parents and grandparents sponsorship process
Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the entire process.
- As the application form is available for a limited time, submit your interest to sponsor your parents and grandparents.
- Acquire an invitation for submitting your sponsorship application
- Take receipt of the application package.
- Make a successful payment of application fees as well as biometric fees. You also have to pay the third parties for police certificates medical exams.
- You must apply within 60 days of receiving the invitation.
- Make sure to send the extra information during the sponsorship processing.
Is there any chance of rejecting your application form?
The Canadian immigration officers can return your application if:
- It is insufficient
- Fees are not paid
- You fail to meet the deadline
If you go by the record of the past few years, you may realize that the IRCC has been arranging a lottery for randomly selecting sponsors who had submitted interest forms on the website. It is unknown when IRCC will reopen the parents and grandparents sponsorship program for the year 2022.
Is it worthwhile to take the benefit of the Parents and Grandparents program?
According to Canadian law, if your parents and grandparents meet all the eligibility requirements, they can have full independence to enjoy Canada’s permanent residence, including obtaining health care, working in Canada, enjoying Canadian freedom and rights, and many more. In addition to that, if they receive Canadian permanent residence, they can eventually apply for Citizenship to become a Canadian citizen. On not meeting the criteria of sponsorship application, you can also consider another option, i.e., a super visa to make your parents and grandparents enter Canada over and over again in a period of 10 years.