Welcome to STEPWISE Immigration Services LTD 

Talk to expert

+1 778 887 7305

Apply Now

Business Phone
Contact time

Mon-Fri: 10.00-18.00

Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry)

The Canadian Experience Class is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents

The Canadian Experience Class is governed on a pass/fail basis, meaning that candidates will be accepted as long as they meet the minimum requirements (and are not found inadmissible for reasons such as criminal or medical inadmissibility). Candidates who are successful in meeting the selection criteria for this Canadian immigration program will become a permanent resident of Canada.

  • International Students can also consider the Canadian Experience Class.

Canadian Experience Class Eligibility

Applicants to the Canadian Experience Class must meet the following minimum requirements. Applicants must have:

  • A minimum of 12 months of “skilled”, professional or technical, work experience in Canada within 36 months of the date of application; and
  • Achieved a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) threshold of 5 (“initial intermediate”) or 7 (“adequate intermediate proficiency”) depending on the job being used to qualify; and
  • Applicants must not intend to live in the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information.

What is “skilled work experience”?

As previously mentioned, applicants must have work experience in a skilled occupation. For the purposes of the Canadian Experience Class, Canada immigration regulation defines “skilled work experience” as experience in jobs that are either:

  • managerial (NOC skill type 0)
  • professional ( NOC skill type A) and
  • technical job and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

Canadian Experience Class Benefits

  • It is designed to facilitate the transition from international student to permanent resident of Canada.
  • If you have at only 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply then you can apply through this class for PR
  • CEC Applicants may remain in Canada throughout the application process. Applicants can choose to apply for the Canadian Experience Class from inside or outside of Canada.

How to Apply


Get your free assessment done. Calculate what is your tentative CRS score and check eligibility based on 67 Point matrix


Get your ECA if required, appear for language ability & ensure that you have 1 Year experience in Canada in O, A and B category Job.


Gather your documents and get entry into Express entry pool. If your CRS score is high enough, you will get the ITA

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

    "Amazing service! I got my all immigration related work and most importantly my Canadian permanent residence done from StepWise. They have really friendly staff that is easy to reach and replies promptly."

    Simratpal Singh

    ( Canadian Experience Class )